School Site Council
Hemet High School
A California Distinguished School
A California Gold Ribbon School
School Site Council Meeting Agenda
Meeting Date: October 7, 2020
Date Posted: October 2, 2020
Time: 3:00 p.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting https://meet.google.com/cha-ieqm-hmy?hs=122&authuser=0
- Call to Order
- Roll Call of Members
- Introductions: Welcome new Teacher/Parent/Classified and Student Members
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes from May 21, 2020
- Old Business, SPSA and HHS Safety Plan
- New Business
- Review, amend and adopt: School Site Council Bylaws
- Annual Election of School Site Council Officers (Chairman, Vice Chairman and Secretary)
- Parent Representatives (Melissa Galletta - DAC Advisory Meeting08/26/2020), ELAC parent liaison)
- Revise school budget due to Title I carry-over
- Re-Engagement Update
- School Goals
- Hemet High School will identify learning loss as measured by MDTP (Math) and Reading Inventory (ELA) and utilize PLC’s to disaggregate data and create an intervention plan (to include identification of learning loss, ongoing monitoring of growth and measure effectiveness of interventions).
- Hemet High School will develop a tiered re-engagement plan to support students with non-attendance.
- Hemet High School will increase the use of Social Emotional Learning strategies to support the emotional health of students and staff.
- Citizen’s Comments
- This is an opportunity for members of the public to provide information to the SSC
- Open meeting law prohibits action related to public comment at this meeting. Issues raised will be scheduled for discussion at future meeting(s)
- Student Concerns and Items/Comments From the Floor
- An opportunity for students to address the committee with student related concerns
- Next meeting will be November 18, 2020
Hemet High School Site Council welcomes input from members of the community. If you have suggestions or concerns, please call Dr. Emily Shaw at 951-765-5150 extension 2000, to have your name added to the agenda for the next meeting.