acceptable for being absent from school which are considered truancies or unexcused absences during the regular school year.
A truancy occurs if a student does the following:
All absences must be verified or the absence becomes an unexcused absence or truancy.
- Going to work with parent or other family member.
- Going to the beach, lake, river, mountains or desert.
- Going to a concert.
- Getting ready for a date.
- Babysitting, taking care of other family members.
- Under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Joyriding or partying.
- Personal problems.
- Repairing car or household items
- Waiting for service or repair people to arrive.
- Attending a sporting event.
- Any other reason not included in “Acceptable Reason for Excused Student Absences.” Bus not available/missing bus.
- Participating in a student demonstration off campus.